- MM+M has partnered with World Central Kitchen to hold a five-day fitness challenge from February 8-12 that will highlight the importance of taking care of your mental and physical health and well-being, especially during these uncertain times. Throughout the five days, we want you to get physically active as well as active in your community while we virtually move around the US as a collective. For each ‘do good for you’ or ‘do good for others’ activity you can log points manually, or alternatively, you can sync your fitness tracker to the Charity Footprints app throughout the challenge to gain points and help us reach our goal and make a difference to a charity very close to our hearts. *MM+M will match those points to a dollar amount up to $5,000. Learn more about the event here.
- Once you have registered, your miles towards charity will only count during the week of the challenge (February 8-12, 2021).
- There are 3 ways to track your workouts. (1) Download the Charity Footprints iOs or Android apps. (2) Set up your devices (Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Watch, Google Fit, Misfit, Strava) to track your outdoor fitness activities (3) Manually log your activities and miles on the Charity Footprints website. Your activities for charity will then be shown on the leaderboard on the Charity Footprints website during the week of February 8-12, 2021.
- Yes. MM+M is holding a training challenge called #WarmUpForMoveTogether where you and/or your team can share with us how you are warming up for the event. You can also donate to the event once registration is open.
- Yes, you can share your "warm-up" journey and track your activities by; (1) Download the Charity Footprints iOs or Android apps. (2) Set up your devices (Fitbit, Garmin, Apple Watch, Google Fit, Misfit, Strava) to track your outdoor fitness activities (3) Manually log your activities and miles on the Charity Footprints website. Your "warm-up" activities will then be shown on the Charity Footprints leaderboard and if you are one of our top-ranked participants you will get the opportunity to be featured as our Mover of the Week. *Please remember your "warm-up" activities will not count for the week of the challenge.
- There are two other ways to share your "warm-up" journey and inspire others to join the challenge. (1) Take a picture, share it on social and tag us at #WarmUpForMoveTogether. (2) Submit your image on the Charity Footprints Scrapbook by visiting your profile and clicking on the "scrapbook" page. Your image can then be socially shared. *Be sure to take advantage of this as MM+M will announce social contests along the way regarding "Best Of" type posts/photos!
- There is a link on the registration page should you wish to donate directly to World Central Kitchen. *MM+M appreciates any donations given for this event but our MAIN goal is for our community to get active and promote wellbeing and Move Together for a cause.
- Once you have registered, go to your profile and click on "Create Team" once on the page you have the choice of joining another team or starting your own team.
Once you have registered, you can invite participants by going to your profile and clicking on "Invite Participants". There you are able to insert multiple emails, which then Charity Footprints will send out automatic emails to ask your community to participate in the event.
You can also share it on social! On your profile you have the ability to directly click on Facebook or Twitter where an automatic pop-up will appear, so you can directly post on your personal social channels.
Once you have registered, you can Invite people to donate to the cause by going to your profile and clicking on "Invite Donors". There you are able to insert multiple emails, which then Charity Footprints will send out automatic emails to ask your community to donate to the event. Once you, you team and/ or colleagues donate, it will show on the leaderboard which will accumulate to points.
You can also share it on social! On your profile you have the ability to directly click on Facebook or Twitter where an automatic pop-up will come up, so you can directly post on your personal social channels. *Please note, if you are asking your community to donate through Facebook, that donation will go straight to Facebook and not the charity. It is best to include the event link in your post so all donations are directly linked to the charity.
Remember: Encourage your friends to simply PARTICIPATE FOR FREE (go for a walk, donate time to a charity, take up a new hobby, schedule a doctor's appointment) as that is the main goal for MM+M Move Together. Monetary donations are obviously wonderful too, but not necessary.
HAVE QUESTIONS? WE HAVE THE ANSWERS!
What is MM&M Move Together?
When will my activities count for charity?
How can I track my activities?
Will there be opportunities for me to get involved before the event?
How can I share my "warm-up" journey? And will I be able to share the number of activities I’ve done before the event?
If I can’t take part in the actual event, is there another way to get involved?
How do I create a team?
How do I invite my community to participate in the challenge?
How do I invite my community to donate to the challenge?